Founded by Charles M. Crandall, Covington, Pennsylvania. Produced toys from 1867 - 1905.
Crandall toys made inter-locking tongue and groove lithograph paper-on-wood joints that children used to create multiple figure forms like acrobats, circus characters and buildings. Some of the more popular sets were:
- 'District School House'
- 'Treasure Box'
Charles' son Jesse Crandall started his own toy company soon after the Civil War, relocating in Brooklyn.
He was issued a number of patents for rocking toys, alphabet blocks and construction toys. Charles relocated to Montrose, Pennsylvania in 1875, to Waverly, New York in 1888.